The CARES Act, passed by the Congress in March, was an important first step toward helping our communities and organizations provide sick and family leave, prevent layoffs, and offset significant revenue lost because of COVID-19. Now, as the pandemic and its economic consequences have intensified, it is imperative that consideration be given to significant additional support.
To help ensure that all Virginians receive the support they need to weather this crisis and thrive in recovery, Robins Foundation has joined more than 100 nonprofit and philanthropic organizations across the Commonwealth to make specific requests to Virginia’s Congressional Delegation for the next phase of relief legislation.
These requests include:
- Earmarking emergency loan programs for nonprofits of all sizes
- Protecting self-insured nonprofits
- Strengthening charitable giving incentives
- Increasing emergency funding
- Bridging the digital divide
- Additional funding for states and local governments
The full letter which details the requests is available HERE.