COMPETITIVE GRANTS (RANGE $15,000-$100,000)
Updated March 23, 2020
In light of needs that have arisen from the COVID-19 pandemic Robins Foundation is opening our grant cycle to proposals that respond to new needs within the education continuum.
Please note that approved grants from this cycle will not be deployed until September. For assistance with immediate needs related to COVID-19, please find information about the Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund, here.
Our competitive grants cycles are for organizations seeking funding for programs and projects that make the Richmond region the best place for children to learn, grow and thrive.
2020 Submission Deadlines
Monday, June 30 at 5:00 pm
for notification in September
Please carefully review the following eligibility requirements:
- Your proposed initiative will impact youth along the education continuum.
- Your proposal is for programmatic or capacity services that will improve the life of residents within the Greater Richmond area.
- Your organization is registered in our online grants management system, SmartSimple, and your organizational profile is up-to-date. Please verify your mailing address, CEO, mission statement, and primary contact information. Use the links on the bottom of your homepage to navigate this step.
- You have spoken to a Program Officer to discuss your project PRIOR to submitting a grant application. This conversation must occur within seven (7) days of the cycle opening. To discuss your request, please submit pre-grant questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. These are located on the “Before You Apply” tab in SmartSimple or the “How to Apply FAQs” page of our website.
- Your organization does not have an “open” grant at the time of the award. This means you should only apply if your organization has not received competitive funding from Robins Foundation within the last twelve (12) months.
- You have reviewed the Robins Foundation Grant Terms at the bottom of the “Useful Links” page of our website.
In order to apply for competitive funding, your first step is to submit to the Grants Manager, ONE of the following two documents. These documents can be found in the SmartSimple portal and are linked in descriptions below:
After submitting one of these forms, our Program and Grants Manager will determine eligibility and, if appropriate, direct you to schedule a 30-minute phone conversation with a Program Officer. During these calls, you will have the opportunity to discuss in further detail your organization’s ‘fit’ with our priorities, our grant process, and requirements for funding. Please note these conversations must occur before Friday, May 8, 2020 to be eligible to apply.
We have two deadlines per year for grantees seeking funding. Grantees can receive funding once per calendar year. Our deadlines for Competitive Grants are listed below; please choose the timing that best suits your organization. Grant applications will be available one month before the submission deadline via our online grants system.
We look forward to reviewing proposals which address our program areas.
Please find a copy of our Competitive Grant proposal questions, here.